|PHLburg helps a diverse group of companies spanning many industries. These multinational companies are based in many of the EU countries and the US. PHLburg's work is focused on assisting these companies address and solve technology challenges. These technology needs are solved with technology from the Former Soviet Union, principally Russia.
||National Oilwell Varco
||P & G
||Rohm & Hass
has advised and assisted governments.
States Civilian Development Foundation
||Russian Federal Government -
Ministry of Atomic Energy
||Ukranian Government - Space
Government - Department of Energy
Government - Department of State
Our Customers are typically leaders in their industry. They seek solutions to technology problems (Problem Statement) they could not solve internally. Our Customers look to us to search for, identify, evaluate, and then negotiate for them the exclusive economic rights to the technology that will solve their problem. Sometimes, our Customers want teams, both internal and external, collaborating to solve a technology problem. And, other Customers are seeking to establish Russian or Former Soviet Union laboratories to be part of their research and development efforts. Regardless of the request our work is not complete until the solution is found and put into place.
Over the years we have working in Russia and the Former Soviet Union (FSU) we have found solutions to requests like these and other Problem Statements. Please read two of our Success Stories.
We have confidentiality agreements with all of our Customers protecting both their identity and the projects we are working on. In addition, we promise our Customers that we will not represent a competitor in the same or similar Problem Statement area.
We encourage you to send us your Problem Statement for preliminary evaluation. The preliminary evaluation is without cost to our Customer.
Finding a solution, evaluating and testing the solution, and negotiating the transaction is often a one year process. The major steps include:
- Articulating the Problem Statement and clarifying the specifications needed for an adequate solution - no cost to the Customer.
- Preliminary opinion on the export control status of the Problem Statement area ' no cost to the Customer.
- Preliminary search to determine if Russia and the Former Soviet Union have great amounts of expertise in the Problem Statement area ' no cost to the Customer
- PHLburg contractual relationship with our Customer
- Detailed and systematic search across Russia and the Former Soviet Union to identify, evaluate, perform due diligence, and obtain the exclusive economic rights to exploit the technology. We prepare a written plan, engage experts and consultants utilize our 22 Russian City Network, make site visits, etc. to find the solution to our Customers Problem Statement. We obtain a final opinion on export control.
- Testing and evaluation.
- Further development, if needed
- Negotiation and agreement with the technology owner
If the technology search involves technology subject to export control regulations, the search could take an additional 2-3 months.